The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group has a rare and tremendous opportunity for you to take the next big step forward in your sales career! Due to retirement, we’re looking for the next General Sales Manager of our Kamloops Division. If you are interested in working with the most influential media company in the Thompson Okanagan, we want to hear from you! This is an incredible management opportunity for a highly motivated and talented broadcaster who will have a chance to lead sales for our two top-rated radio stations (B-100 & CIFM), television station (CFJC-TV) and our community online portal (CFJC Today).
We’re looking for an individual who lives by our Pattison values of Integrity, Quality and Customer Satisfaction. We’re a growing and leading broadcast company that respects our people and is firmly committed to growing our Wildly Talented Team!
- Manage all aspects of the departments functions
- Lead two sales teams in training and professional development, including field calls and presentations on consistent schedule
- Successfully manage the yield on commercial inventory of all four properties
- Support your Team to retain and grow current clients, building long term trust relationships
- Develop annual revenue budgets (radio, television, and digital)
- Manage all national sales business as required
- Recruit and hire new account executives
- Lead weekly sales meetings and actively participate in management and promotional meetings
- Meet weekly with each Account Executive
- Conduct annual performance reviews and weekly review of sales expectations
- Administration of reports and or presentations as required by the General Manager
- Minimum 5 years of successful sales management experience in the broadcast industry, preferably in both radio and television.
- Post secondary education in broadcasting or media, business administration, advertising or sales
- Competitive mindset with proven track record in new business development
- Ability to manage all day-to-day sales business including revenue and expenses
- Experience with and understanding of digital sales and all supporting analytics
- Ability to think creatively, and drive for continuous improvement
- Realistic budgeting, forecasting and plan implementation skills
- Disciplined and productive approach to sales activity management
- Competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and particularly Excel
- Knowledge of WideOrbit an asset
- Previous General Management experience an asset
Send your resume, references and New Applicant Self ID form by September 8th, 2017 in confidence to: Rod Schween – email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential. ***
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.