Vista Radio prides itself on a fresh vision of broadcasting and an unparalleled commitment to its community involvement. Vista radio is privileged to operate 45 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across 66 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories.
Why Vista Radio Ltd? Our Advantage:
- Success: Small to medium size business have experienced the success of Vista’s enterprise operating ad platform.
- Impact: Every business relies on advertising solutions, meaning your work makes a large impact on their success.
- Cutting Edge: Vista’s digital marketing solutions are EXPLODING, setting us up as the advertising powerhouse.
- Creative Environment: Here at Vista we support opportunities to engage in creative, outside the box, processes.
About the Job:
YOU have been on air in the broadcast industry for at least a couple of years and you’re looking to grow your resume to include Program Director. You are giddy about the future of radio and have so many ideas you CAN’T WAIT to put ‘em on air! YOU believe in compelling, LOCAL content and you know that the way to get it is to get out in the community. YOU are also tech savvy and are always posting/tagging to FB/Twitter/and Instagram.
Welcome to Yellowknife, a tremendous, community. But, let’s talk about the job that you’d be coming here for. You’re going to be in charge of Programming; combining a full-time morning show with managing the day time duties of the PD. That could sound intimidating, but you’re fearless and we support you with a great team both in YK and on the phone; so you’re not going at it alone.
Does it sound like a lot of work? It is! BUT… at the same time, you are serving a great community with amazing and thoughtful people…and having fun while you are doing it. If you’re looking to take the next step in your broadcast career this could be the job for you!
- Be a part of the community, live, work, and play there
- Performing an entertaining, excruciatingly local show
- Music scheduling with G-Selector
- Merging logsReading Playlist Scans
- -Ensure the radio station meets all CRTC requirements
- Write and schedule weekly imaging voice work
- Weekly 1-on-1’s w/ staff
- Regular scheduled airchecks w/ staff
- Assist w/ the development and implementation of station promotions
- Facilitate weekly team meetings
- Voice tracking, as required
- Appear at local events and remote broadcasts
- Use social media to find exciting new ways to interact and engage with the listener
- Participate in music meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter
- Able to work within a fast paced environment both autonomously and with a team
- a valid driver’s license, and, preferably, a reliable automobile
- working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Apply online at vistaradio.ca/careers and make sure to attach a link to your demo on a Soundcloud or YouTube account.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://vistaradio.ca/careers →