Position Summary The Technician supports the business’ operations to ensure all employees have the technical resources needed in order to provide exceptional service to our clients.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the following computer systems: Avid ProTools editing and mixing (including Dolby Atmos), Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity, ISIS and Nexis, and DaVinci Resolve. Mac is the standard platform for most of our systems, so you will need to have a deep understanding of it, but you will also need to have excellent Windows knowledge. (It’ll be a bonus if you are very versatile with Linux too).
Flexibility in working hours is a requirement, as some evening and weekend work will be expected.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure and troubleshoot ProTools, Media Composer and Resolve systems.
- Assist in managing Unity, ISIS and Nexis Shared Storage systems.
- Assist in managing our custom production servers and networks.
- Participate in deliveries to the field for remote editorial setup and teardown.
- Maintain the various editing and mixing systems to peak efficiency.
- Respond promptly to situations that require technical support and/or service.
- Configure editing and mixing systems to work securely on our various networks.
- Assist clients and staff with any concerns regarding equipment and workflows.
- Work with our IT department to keep all of our public and private networks functioning.
- Stay current with equipment, systems and operations. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 5 years’ of experience in a professional audio / video editing business desirable
- Post-secondary education in Audio/Video Technology, or a related field required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong working knowledge of Mac hardware and software
- Familiarity / working knowledge of all or some of the following computer systems: Avid ProTools editing and mixing (including Dolby Atmos), Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity, ISIS and Nexis, and DaVinci Resolve
- A thorough understanding of professional audio and video systems is mandatory
- A willingness to learn coupled with a willingness to work hard are a must. Working Conditions & Physical Effort
- Work is typically performed in an office environment
- Some local travel may be required
- Some physical effort required including sitting for prolonged periods and lifting up to 50lbs. occasionally
- Frequent use of standard office equipment such as computers
- Attendance requirement at after-hours activities (e.g. company events)
- Open to flexible working hours including evenings and weekends.
Diversity, Accommodation, & Equal Opportunity Employment Statement The SIM Group of Companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
The SIM Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume directly to HR@simgroup.com and reference “Technician – Post Sound/Video” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@simgroup.com